Saturday, April 21, 2012

Great Cloth Diaper Change 2012 Blaine, MN

Happy Earth Day!



I had the pleasure of taking part in the Great Cloth Diaper Change 2012 with sweet baby James this morning. All Things Diapers was official host site of the Guinness World Record event at the Davinci Academy School in Blaine, MN.



They also had a free Baby Expo from 9am-11pm before the diaper change. Some of the vendors included:
Musikgarten with Emily Ireland
BonnieBaby
Baby Wawl
Hygeia Breast Pumps
Bavia Baby
Smart Snugs
Original Diaper Pail




I was a little intimidated at first. Just because I had never been to anything like it before and it was just me and my youngest son, James. He was happy as a clam in his carrier, bopping around as I perused the various booths. With about 45 minutes to spare, I decided to just sit and hang out. It was so cute to watch all the babies and toddlers with their Mommies and Daddies!

I small talk and chit-chatted with a few nice women and it really came naturally as cloth diapering is my favorite thing to talk about! When it was time for the change, we all lined up with out pre-registered tickets and entered (or re-entered depending on where you were sitting) the changing area. I tell you, there were so many cute cloth diapered babies, I could barely believe it.



James was changed into a white Thirsties cover with a Flip Stay-Dry Insert. Probably the most boring looking diaper but it is one of our favorite cloth combinations. One of my cousins has described me as the most normal nerdy person she has known and I sort of wish I would have strapped James into an ultra flashy diaper, just to say I did!

I was looking forward to stocking up on some needed cloth diaper items at the All Things Diapers store but I decided to save that for another day. They host small events and workshops like Mother's Milk Hour, Cloth Diaper 101 and Swap meets. More information about events and the product they carry can be found on All Things Diapers' website!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment to my blog posts! Thank you!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...