Monday, February 6, 2012

What to feed the kids?

David will be two next month and I have been trying to mix up his meals a bit. David is a great eater but is having a "drinking" phase. I nearly have to hide his milk to get him to eat his food or else he will just gulp away. He will even fake drink out of an empty cup.... goof.
This is what David had to eat today:

Breakfast
French Toast Sticks
Berry Berry Kix Cereal
Strawberries
Milk
Note: I had to bribe him with a strawberry to get him to eat his french toast!

Lunch
Chicken Tenders
Peas
Apple Sauce
Milk
Note: He had about 2 peas...

After Nap Snack
Apple Juice
Pretzel Sticks
Note: "More juice, more juice, more juice." Nope. No more juice, David!

Dinner
1/2 Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
Corn on the Cob
Blueberry Yogurt
Milk
Note: This was his first peanut butter & jelly sandwich and he absolutely loved it.

I did some googling for other ways to do similar meals in a different way. This is what I came up with:

Breakfast: Strawberry French Toast

Photo Credit // Taste of Home


Lunch: Ultimate Bisquick Chicken Tenders

Photo Credit // Betty Crocker


Dinner: Grilled Peanut Butter & Jelly

Photo Credit // Chow.com

I would love some other kid friendly recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment to my blog posts! Thank you!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...