Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thrifting with a time limit is excruciating!

So, yesterday I had exactly 10 minutes to get in and out of one of my favorite thrift spots. I had an agenda (an impossible item for a play I am directing and went in hoping I could have some luck!). Sure enough, the one day I have exactly 10 minutes, I find a rediculous amount of beautiful things.


I think I usually I myself out of a lot of items. This day, I didn't have the time to! I only left the store with four garments. Could have walked with 20 I think. Ugh!! It tortured me to leave!


1. A sweet men's (could this be a new addiction??) gray and black tweed, fur collared coat. Yes, totally died and it wasn't even close to my size.


2. A cute bright yellow, puff sleeved button down secretary top with the bow at the collar (I have blue and white polka dot version I am obsessed with - however, I take the fabric from the bow at the top and use it as a belt around the natural waist).


3. A super cool black and white striped maxi dress with angel sleeves in.....gasp.....cotton?!?! No polyester??!? What?!?! Love it.


4. Lastly, a nice black puff sleeve dress with buttons on the tops of the shoulders and a coordinating fabric belt. Totally my style. Would keep it for myself but I am having a hard time coordinating around my bump these days. Too cute!


I have the afternoon off tomorrow before rehearsal and I hope to post pictures!

1 comment:

  1. You're better than I am! If I only had 10 minutes, I wouldn't have even gone in!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment to my blog posts! Thank you!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...