Monday, December 7, 2009

Some Vintage Christmas Inspiration

As the holidays are approaching, I spent some of the evening designing something more festive for my Etsy Shop. I did a Google search for "Vintage Christmas" which brought up a bunch of pictures of Santa's and little houses. I wanted something a little more enticing! So, I searched "Vintage Christmas Pin-Up" and found the cutest images!



There is something so tasteful and gorgeous about pin-up. It just makes me so proud to be a woman! Even if I feel not even one-onehundreth as stunning as a woman is in a pin-up portait, I feel like a total babe. Just because I am a woman!



I was having a similar conversation a few weeks ago at my friend Janel's performance in Minneapolis. She performed a few numbers in The Midnight Muse Review production at Ground Zero in NE. There is something so fantastic about burlesque! I had never seen anything like it "live".

The group has another show coming up as well!




It's one of those shows where your parents would tell you to look away. But you don't.

1 comment:

  1. I love the PinUps. A friend of mine took some pinup shots with a professional. Besides the bump, I don't think I've ever had the waist to accomodate that image :). PS I'm volunteering to come on a treasure hunt with you someday. Also, I'd love to take you a few places I love- The Treasure Chest in Saint Cloud and of course the Community Clothesline in Rochester!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment to my blog posts! Thank you!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...